Sunday, July 26, 2015

The week in review

Hi everyone!

How has the week been?  

After the DNS on Sunday, I buckled down and refocused.  Not going to lie it was a hard week.  I had 5 consecutive nights of broken sleep for one reason or another.  Sleep is such an important role in our recovery process and it's horrible when I have so many messed up nights.

Thankfully, it didn't impact my workouts except for one.  By Thursday night, I was beat and just could not bring myself to do a strength workout after work.  I need to fix that this week.

All in all I had solid performances in my workouts.  A few break throughs, still some work in progress stuff, but all good.  I found out my 10k pace!!  Tuesday I had some longer repeats at what was to be my 10 k pace.  Since I had no idea what it was I went on feel.  It looks like it's around 10:30...I'll take that.

Had a spectacular bike today.  I really pushed to hit my numbers and as a result hit some average paces that were PRs for me.  👊👊👊💪💪💪

All smiles after my ride...


So I plan to keep a running total of the hours, miles, yards and number of workouts just for kicks and giggles.  Here we go:

Total planned hours: 8:15.  Actual 7:42 😁

Actual swim hours: 1:27; total yardage 4789 😄

Actual bike hours: 3:00; total miles 45.7 😄

Actual run hours: 3:13; total miles 15.4 😄

Strength hours: 0 😳😁

Ok...promise more interesting content this week...it's a build week!

No comments:

Post a Comment